Sunday, April 22, 2012

Website Progress

After a week-long headache with the wordpress format, I'm very excited to announce that my website is near completion. This is my first website that I have built from scratch. I was really scared to tackle such a project knowing that I only had two days to do so, but I had no choice. I scraped the wordpress format and just decided to code a website from scratch. It was actually really fun and I really do hope to learn more advanced things in web development in the near future. I just loved the entire process of creating a website from scratch. The feeling that the WHOLE THING was the result of your own hard work.

The problem that I had with my original idea of a horizontal scrolling gallery was that it would not work well on my phone. The gallery function required that the user use the scroll bar or hover over a corner of the screen to get it to scroll. The problem is that you cant hover over a point or scrub a scroll bar very well on a touch screen device. I chose to go with this simple layout because I know that it will work on mobile devices.

Because of the time constraints on this website, it is very minimal and clean. In the near future, I would like to play around with some animations and transitions in HTML 5. Possibly add a moving background? I know that I only have 9 featured projects at this point, but after I create enough work to be website worthy, I will add another page that has way more pieces in it and divide it out into categories. But for now, it's time to get ready for that review. =)

1 comment:

  1. best iphone app The use of latest android apps is known to make lives simpler and amazing. People from varied fields are using varied android apps for making their jobs simpler. There are students who all are using latest android apps for learning the best of subjects while on the move.

    ReplyDelete